What ‘luxuries’ would you not give up? I like to live a nice life abet a fairly frugal one, so I made a list of the little luxuries in my life that I pretty much will not want to live without. Please comment if you think my ideas of luxuries are frivolous or down to earth.
1. White Egyptian cotton sheets. Very soft, durable not very extravagant if you buy them on Ebay. I buy all white so my linens always match. For a bit of colour you can have a printed or just contrasting duvet cover.
2. Moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15. It doesn’t have to be a fancy brand just half way decent. I am terrified of sun damage and wrinkles.
3. Staying on the beauty front – a good hair cut and colour if you need it. I probably have said it before but we wear our hair everyday so we should make it look its best. You don’t have to spend a lot on going to the hairdresser; I have a friend that I swap babysitting for haircuts.
4. Cloth napkins. They make an ordinary meal seem special, don’t cost more than the initial price, and are good for the environment.
5. Candles. I love to have candles around the house, especially with a nice dinner. Candlelight is romantic, flattering and economical. Also who would want to turn on the TV when you have a beautiful table?
6. My last ‘luxuries’ are more safety than luxury for me – to always have £20 hidden in my wallet and a mobile phone that works properly.
What are your little luxuries?