Friday is tip day on The Lean Times.
It has happened to all of us at one time or another; we lose a job. This has just happened to me so here are a few tips on what I did as soon as the lightning bolt hit.
1. See what you can cut back on – cut back on the pay tv, get rid of any channels you don’t need or eliminate the television entirely.
2. Check out the status of your mobile contract, I found out that I could switch to a SIM only contract which halved my bill.
3. Take stock of your cupboards, eat what you have so you won’t need to shop as much. Literally eat yourself out of home.
4. Reach out to your friends and contacts, this is vital as you have built up relationships, now is the time to use them.
5. Try to stay positive. I know that this is most likely the most difficult tip on the list but the powers that be don’t want to hire miserable, angry people so try to put a genuine smile on your gob.
Good luck to all of us that have had the axe recently.