Vinegar is the king of the multi taskers. You can use it for cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, taking care of your pets, in the garden and more. This one very inexpensive item that can do so much more.
I discovered the wonderfully informative site called Vinegar Tips. Please have a look, you will be amazed by how white vinegar can eliminate the need for other expensive household products.
Here is a small list of just some of the amazing ways you can utilize vinegar in all areas of your life. Here are some of the tips that I have tried out successfully and some I am planning to try.
• White vinegar is the only thing that I have ever found that completely eradicates the smell of cat urine. So if your kitty has accidents get some white vinegar, pronto.
• Remove musky smells from cotton clothes by sprinkling them lightly with white distilled vinegar and then pressing them. Great tip for us vintage lovers
• Get cleaner laundry! Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. The acid in white distilled vinegar is too mild to harm fabrics, yet strong enough to dissolve the alkalies in soaps and detergents. Besides removing soap, white distilled vinegar prevents yellowing, acts as a fabric softener and static cling reducer, and attacks mould and mildew.
• Get rid of lime deposits in a teakettle by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the water and letting it sit overnight. If more drastic action is needed, boil full-strength white distilled vinegar in the kettle a few minutes, let cool and rinse with plain water. None of those harsh chemicals that you get in the specialist lime scale removers.
• When poaching eggs, add a little white distilled vinegar to the water. The whites stay better formed. Eggs Benedict anyone?
I have only listed a few and this website has over 1001, bearing in mind they also report on cider and balsamic vinegar uses.
This weekend I will be cleaning the cat’s ears, the inside of the refrigerator, making my whites whiter and descaling the kettle all with vinegar.
Originally posted 2009-06-26 14:10:44. Republished by Blog Post Promoter