Being Lean is all about seeing extra benefits in items. Today I am thinking about old, ripped or laddered tights. There are so many uses for old tights, here are a few that have come to mind.
1. Cut into loops to use as hair ties. No snags from any metal parts. Utilize the tops of the tights to make headbands.
2. Use the toe part of the tights to make moth ball holders for your closet. Pop a couple of moth balls and tie around the hanging rail.
3. Make a herbal bath – tie a knot at one end of the leg, fill with lavender, chamomile or any other herb you like then tie the other end and position under the tap. A lovely bathing experience.
4. Cat toys – the same idea as the herbal bath but filled with cat nip. Use the heavier tights for cat toys or there might be cat nip all over.
5. Cut the last scraps of your tattered tights to make ties for your tomato plants or any other plants that need to to tethered to to sticks to grow.
5a. The fiancé just chipped in, you can also wear them over your face when you have your next meeting with your bank manager.