A few months go, I wrote about Vinegar the Quiet Superhero, and now I am going to tell you all the things you can do with Bicarbonate of Soda aka Baking Soda.
Most Americans will remember that their mother or grandmother always had a box of Arm in Hammer baking soda in the fridge to absorb odors. Now that I live in the UK, I am finding it less of a staple. These people don’t know what they are missing.
I have made a list of few things I have used bicarbonate of soda in the past couple of weeks.
1. If you have burned a pan, put some bicarbonate of soda in water and heat the pan, the burnt bits will come off in a jiffy.
2. I keep a jar of it in my fridge absorb odors then after about three months, I pour it down the kitchen drain to make it smell fresh.
3. Clean brushes and combs by putting them in a bath of warm water and baking soda.
4. Put in it the bottom of the kitty litter to keep it smelling fresher longer.
5. Bicarbonate of soda even helped to soothe an upset stomach; just put 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water.
There are so many uses for Bicarbonate of Soda that TipKing wrote a book Resourceful and Ingenious uses of Baking Soda. It covers just about anything and everything you can do with baking soda.
So we have Batman aka vinegar and Robin, Bicarbonate of Soda add some lemon and we will not need commercial, chemical household cleaners anymore.
Originally posted 2009-12-03 08:13:27. Republished by Blog Post Promoter